Roommate matching!

This post should be used to match roommates.  Go ahead and list requests for roommates in the comments section.  Please do be mindful, however, that this is an open forum and you should not post information that is too personal (i.e. addresses or telephone numbers) and be sure to meet each other the first time in a public place.

12 thoughts on “Roommate matching!

• May 21, 2023 at 3:49 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

My name is Daniel Hope. I’m a 4th year CUNYBA student, completing my AOC in Mathematical Computer Science and Mathematical Sociology. I’m looking to move from my current place this August. I’m open to looking for an apartment with a new roommate or moving into an apartment with an open room.

I’m generally pretty chill and know my way around living peacefully with others. I’m wrapping up my undergrad so I’m not really going to have time to throw ragers nor get into a lot of chaos – thus, I won’t be making a lot of noise. Pay my bills on time and will fulfill any household responsibilities that I’m tasked with.

To reach me, my email is daniel.bosah@stu.bcc.cuny.edu.

• May 20, 2023 at 6:44 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

My name is Shayan and I’m a third year PhD Student in Computer Science at the graduate center. My two roommates are going to move out at the end of August(because the management increased the rent), so I’m looking for two people to move in. The apt is a 3bd/1 bathroom in upper east side (88th and 3rd). The rent is gonna be $3650 and I have the bigger room so the its around $1150 – $1170 for the small rooms. The rooms are small(you can fit a twin bed & a small desk), but are great for people who don’t spend a lot of time in their room. The neighborhood is amazing, 5 minute walk to 4,5,6 and Q. 7 minute walk to central park. Lots of bars and restaurants around. 10 minute commute to Hunter College, 20 minute commute to the Graduate Center. Also, the kitchen is fully equipped.
    Write to me at mmshokrii1996@gmail.com if you’re interested.

• May 11, 2023 at 10:36 pm
    Permalink

Hey everyone! My name is Kioshi and I’m looking for roommates (1 or 2) to find a place to rent with. I’m 22 years old and moving from New Mexico as an incoming PhD student in Mathematics. I’m not picky about the location but I’d like somewhere that’s pet-friendly and close to public transit. Besides that, I’m a relatively clean non-smoker whose hobbies include baking, writing, and photography, and I’m looking forward to learning more about the city (especially the local music scene because it looks awesome)!

If anyone wants to chat, send me an email at kmorosin@gradcenter.cuny.edu 🙂

• May 11, 2023 at 7:18 pm
    Permalink

Hi, all–currently looking for two roommates for a three bedroom, one bath apartment. Rent is $3150, split three ways at $1050. There are three utility bills for electric, gas, and wifi. The electric bill is usually between $100-140 depending on the time of year; and gas and wifi together are $60. The living room is furnished, and the kitchen has plenty of cooking utensils.

The apartment is located in Bushwick, and has a nearby J stop that can get you to the GC in roughly 25-35 minutes depending on delays or if the train is express. In terms of safety, the surrounding neighbor is fairly safe.

A little about myself: I am third year doctoral candidate in Philosophy, and I teach at Philosophy at Hunter and Baruch college. Some of my hobbies include watching anime; playing Dragonball Fighterz and other fighting games, and RPGs; fine dining; and traveling. I am introverted, and usually keep to myself unless the spirit moves me to socialize. Also, I prefer having a clean apartment for many reasons, but especially because it helps me maintain a balanced mind.

If you have any questions, feel free to email here to discuss further.

Best,
    CB

• May 8, 2023 at 3:25 pm
    Permalink

Hey, all!

My name is Riley! I am an incoming master’s student at Baruch College, CUNY. I will begin studying industrial-organizational psychology this fall.

I am a 23 year old woman who enjoys lattes, farmer’s markets, jogging, wine, and travel. I have lived in California my whole life, this will be my first move! If you are also looking for a roommate, let me know. My budget is around $1,400 but I am flexible.

Riley

My Instagram: @rileyreederr

• May 4, 2023 at 6:37 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone. My name is Eli, and I am from New Zealand. I am an incoming PhD student in mathematics and am looking for a room to rent or roommates to house hunt with. I have no preferences regarding who I am living with or location as long as things are reasonably tidy and there’s public transport available. I would be looking to move in in late July or early August.

Regarding myself, I am 23 and am a non-smoker with a coffee addiction. Outside of studying, I enjoy playing tennis, music, and reading. I am looking forward to experiencing NYC. Please reach out by email if you want to chat or discuss housing options.

Email: egadsby@gradcenter.cuny.edu

• May 1, 2023 at 5:15 pm
    Permalink

Hi, My name is Arianna Chand. I am an incoming PhD student in neuroscience! I am searching for either room for rent or for roommates. I will be bringing my cat who is friendly, so i can only live in pet friendly spaces. Besides that, I am 24, enjoying video games, binging shows, trying new restaurants, reading/writing poetry, going to the gym or just being lazy. Please reach out if you want to join me on the apt hunt my budget for myself is $1300/month. email: ariannachand@gmail.com ty!

• April 29, 2023 at 12:10 pm
    Permalink

Hello! My name is Annapia and I will be joining the Graduate Center in the fall. I will be studying for my MA in Computational Linguistics 🙂 Currently, I am looking for a room or if anyone is also house hunting and needs a roommate, I’d be happy to join! My ideal move-in date would be between August 1st-3rd, and I have got budget of $1500, but I’d be happy to spend a bit more if the house is particularly spacious or close to the GC. However, I am also happy to commute.

About me: I am 21 from Italy, but I will actually be moving from the UK, as I have attended university in Cambridge 🙂 I love traveling, reading, doing pottery, exploring the city, and many more other things! I do not have any preference in terms of who I will be living with, as long as the shared spaces are kept clean (I had traumatic experiences in the UK sadly).

Feel free to reach out via email to have a chat or explore housing options 🙂
    email: aborraccino@gradcenter.cuny.edu

• April 17, 2023 at 9:45 pm
    Permalink

My name is Ian, and I’m an incoming PhD student in History. I’m moving to the city from Chicago in August, and I’d like to find a couple of roommates (ideally 3) interested in living in Brooklyn. I’d also take a room in an existing apartment.

I have a ragdoll cat (large, very pretty) who is good with other animals and with people, but that does mean I will only be able to live in pet-friendly apartments, and with people not allergic to cats. Otherwise, I collect board games, build models, and like baking pizza.

• April 16, 2023 at 2:06 pm
    Permalink

Hi, my name is Kat and I’m an incoming Ph. D. student in philosophy. I’ll be moving to the city this summer to start my degree in the fall semester, and I’m looking for one or more roommates. I’m open to either taking a room in an existing apartment or searching for a place together! I would prefer female roommates but I’m open to a mixed group as well if the vibes are good.
    I will be working and studying a lot but also like to go out when I can, as well as cook and bake, watch movies, etc. on a chill night in. I’m open to a lot of different neighborhoods as long as public transport is easily accessible. I have lived in the Midwest my whole life so I’m not super familiar with NYC but I’m looking forward to getting to know the city!

• March 23, 2023 at 2:02 pm
    Permalink

My roommates are moving out to be closer to work and school, so I have two rooms available in a 3 bed 2 bath apartment in Hamilton heights (157th between Broadway and Amsterdam). I’m looking for two women to do a lease takeover in either May or June. Current lease runs through April 30, 2024 with an option to renew. There is no brokers fee but you will need to pay a $1,116.65 security deposit

Apartment has hardwood floors throughout, huge living room that can fit 15-20 people, and laundry in-building. Super is very responsive as is the landlord.

Apartment is located half a block from the 1 subway and 3 blocks away from the C (less than 30 mins to get to midtown). Other perks include: a new grocery store that opened up across the street, and there’s a planet fitness, chipotle and multiple coffee shops around the corner. There is also a second grocery store 3 blocks away.

One room is approx. 13×9 and can fit a full/queen sized bed plus furniture. This tenant is willing to sell their window AC to the person who takes over this room if interested. Rent is $1,075 plus utilities (wifi and coned) are usually around $40-$70 per person depending on the season.

The other room is approx. 11×9 and can also fit full size bed plus furniture, and the current tenant has a daybed. Rent for this room is $1,025 plus the utilities mentioned above. Additionally, they are willing to sell dresser and possibly bedframe if interested.

The occupants of these two rooms will be sharing a full bathroom, while I have my own bathroom.

I am finishing my first year as a chemistry PhD student. I love Harry Potter, making jewelry, and photography). I am looking for someone who cleans up after themselves and is respectful. It would also be nice to live with someone I could hang out with occasionally.