Roommate matching!

This post should be used to match roommates.  Go ahead and list requests for roommates in the comments section.  Please do be mindful, however, that this is an open forum and you should not post information that is too personal (i.e. addresses or telephone numbers) and be sure to meet each other the first time in a public place.

92 thoughts on “Roommate matching!

• November 11, 2018 at 8:02 pm
    Permalink

Hello all,

I am a second year graduate student getting my PhD in Biology at Baruch College. One of my roommates is finishing his program at Columbia and will be leaving mid-December. The apartment is next Columbia University in an up-and-coming neighborhood, plenty of places to eat as well as a move theater that is 10 minutes away by walking. Two blocks from the B and C lines, and four blocks from Central Park. There is an in-unit washer, and gas and water are included with the lease. Gross rent is $1156/month over the course of 11 months (12th month is free), coming out to $1061/month for the full 12-month lease. $250 for the furniture. Email me at AndyGuarnaccia@gmail.com if you are interested.

Andy

• August 2, 2018 at 10:27 am
    Permalink

Hi everybody,

I am a soon-to-be second year student getting my PhD in biology at Baruch College. I have a room available in Morningside Heights, right across the park from Columbia University. It is an up-and-coming neighborhood with plenty of places to eat as well as a move theater that is 10 minutes away by walking. Two blocks from the B and C lines, and four blocks from Central Park. There is an in-unit washer, and gas and water are included with the lease. Gross rent is $1336/month over the course of 11 months (12th month is free), coming out to $1226/months for the full 12-month lease. Email me at AndyGuarnaccia@gmail.com if you are interested.

Andy

• July 19, 2018 at 10:39 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriela and I’ll be a first year Psych and Law PhD student at John Jay this fall. I’m a native New Yorker and CUNY/John Jay alum, and I’m hoping to move into the city to be closer to campus, but I’m looking for a roommate! My budget is around $1100 and I’d like to be in the John Jay area but am willing to look further up/downtown (preferably within 30 mins/close to 1/2/3/A/B/C lines). I am a clean, quiet, non-smoker, who is open to pets. Ideally, I’d like to be moving in around August 15th.
    Please contact me if you think we are looking for the same things! You can find me on facebook or you can email me at gabriela.rico@macaulay.cuny.edu

Best,
    Gabi

• July 7, 2018 at 7:06 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone we need one more person to fill a room in 291 Edgecombe Avenue minutes from subway. It is nice neighborhood with on site laundry and in unit dishwasher. Rent is 822 per month. Please let me know. My email is zionsoumik@gmail.com

• July 2, 2018 at 11:41 am
    Permalink

Hi all,
    I’m currently a second year PhD math student living with a third year PhD math student and a high school biology teacher. We have three rooms opening up over the summer available to rent in the Washington Heights Area. It is about a 40 minutes commute to the GC with either the 1 train or the D train. One room will be available on July 15th. The other two will be available on August 1st.
    The rooms will be available for ~900 depending on the room.

If you’d like to see pictures of the rooms/ common areas, send me an email at mmarinelli@gradcenter.cuny.edu.
    I will also be available for showing the apartment in person on July 7th. I’ll be available to show the apartment on other days as well but my summer schedule hasn’t been solidified yet, so just let me know and we can work something out.

Best,
    Michael Marinelli

• June 15, 2018 at 9:09 pm
    Permalink

Hi,

I’m a 3rd year PhD Student at the Graduate Center. I will be moving to Brooklyn this August and planning to rent an apartment. The preferred neighborhoods are Flatbush-Ditmas or Crown Heights and the maximum rent is $900-$1000 including utilities. Finding apartments in New York can be difficult if you are not in the city and they also ask for a credit score. Since I’m already in the city and also have a credit score you needn’t worry about all these stuff. If anyone is interested then shoot me an email at das.90.sagnik@gmail.com.

• June 13, 2018 at 9:54 pm
    Permalink

Hello!!

I’m from Puerto Rico. Next fall 2018, I’ll be an incoming Biochemistry Ph.D. student. Since I’m from out of the country I only have short experiences living in the US. I’m looking for shared apartments and roommates. My budget is $1,300 max. I’m a very private guy but extrovert, very clean and I like social drinking. Also, my first language is Spanish. I preferred roommates that are responsible, clean and non-smokers.

• June 13, 2018 at 2:40 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

I have a sublet going from the July 7 – August 7. Large bedroom with double bed and desk in the heart of Washington Heights at West 173 street. I live with three other room mates who are quiet and respectful, so looking for a similar fit. The apartment also has a large living space and kitchen.

The neighbourhood is also very nice. A quiet family vibe with lots of amenities, bars and affordable restaurants. The A line is right around the corner, with a 30 minute commute to midtown.

Email me at nrodrigo2012@gmail.com for pics and more information.

• June 11, 2018 at 9:08 pm
    Permalink

Hi all!

I am a second year student in the audiology program looking for 2 people to take over two rooms for a 3 bedroom apartment in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn. You’d be sharing the apartment with a recently graduated law student. The lease starts on August 1. It’s a super convenient location – a 7 minute walk to the A/C lines, a 2 minute walk from a laundromat, and grocery stores and restaurants abound. It’s a 45 minute commute to the GC.

As of now, the price for each room is $983, although that might fluctuate depending on whether the landlord changes the rent when the lease is renewed. A rental application will be required by the management company.

If you’re interested and would like to see images of the room and common spaces, reach out to me at
    ssayavongsa@gradcenter.cuny.edu

• June 11, 2018 at 7:13 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone!

I’m an incoming Neuroscience PhD student from New York, planning to move to the city in early August. I am looking for roomies to help cut down the cost of living in downtown Manhattan, ideally within walking distance of the Staten Island Ferry. My personal budget is around $1,200. Extroverts are a plus, non-smokers preferred. Email me at ammartin95@gmail.com if you’re interested!

• June 6, 2018 at 10:21 am
    Permalink

Hi all,

my classmate and I are a female (M.A. Ling) and male (Ph.D Ling) duo looking for a third GC student to complete our trio! We prefer another female but are willing accept another male.

We are looking for:
    Type: 3 bedroom apartment
    Move in date: August 1st by the latest
    Location: Queens (Sunnyside, Woodside, JH, etc)
    Budget: ~$2,300 in total (split costs depending on bedroom size each pick)

We are both very clean and friendly (and do not party).

Please reach us at asilkett@gradcenter.cuny.edu

• June 3, 2018 at 1:15 pm
    Permalink

Hello everyone,

I am an incoming PhD student in Biochemistry dept. I got my BA from Hunter College CUNY so I have been in the city for a while, but I am originally from Mumbai, India.
    I am looking to rent somewhere in the Uptown Manhattan area (Hamilton heights, Morningside heights or West Harlem) with a max budget of 1200$
    If interested please email me @Ankita.Dutta91@myhunter.cuny.edu

• May 28, 2018 at 8:20 am
    Permalink

Helloooo there!

Coming to CUNY for Phd. Biochem for Fall’18. Would be landing in NYC in the second week of Aug. Looking for 1 or two flatmates with a budget of $750-850 per head. Astoria/Brooklyn/Jersey City preferred.

+1 for those who love to go out, eat, are party friendly, love to drink. HMU at: sheenam.1509@gmai.com

• May 22, 2018 at 5:19 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone! I’m starting my PhD in psychology in the fall and want to move August 1st. I have a friend currently living in the city who wants to look for housing with me, but we would like to find a third roommate for a 3-bedroom. We are looking in the Bed-Stuy/Bushwick areas and would like to find something around $800-900 each. I am bringing my two cats with me so anyone interested would have to be ok with kitty roommates as well! If you’re interested, please email me at sjacobson1112@gmail.com. Thanks!

• May 20, 2018 at 2:21 pm
    Permalink

Hi me and my roommate are leaving jersey city and looking for a place preferably in Jackson Heights with a budget of 900 or less per person. Looking for a third person to join us. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me at zionsoumik@gmail.com. Thank you.

• May 19, 2018 at 11:10 pm
    Permalink

Hey guys!

I’m Naz, and I’ll be starting my PhD in biology this fall. I’m a born and bred NYer looking for a roommate starting the 1st or 15th of August. Ideally I’d like to keep the rent under 1200/month and would prefer either astoria or brooklyn for locations. If anyone’s interested please feel free to email me at nazia.nayeem@gmail.com thanks!

• May 18, 2018 at 8:38 pm
    Permalink

Hey folks!

I’m Queenie and I’ll be starting my PhD in English Lit at the Graduate Center this coming Fall 2018. I’m originally from Mumbai, India, but have completed both my BA and MA in the US. I’m primarily looking to live in Manhattan (Washington Heights, Inwood, or somewhere close to the GC), although I’m open to Brooklyn as well. Email me at queeniesukhadia@gmail.com if you would be interested in looking for a place together/ have an open spot 🙂

• May 15, 2018 at 11:36 am
    Permalink

Hi!

I’m Sharanya, and I’m starting my PhD in Literature at the Graduate Center this fall. I’ve lived in India (Kolkata and then Delhi) all my life. No clue about which areas to look in–but Brooklyn seems to be a good idea. A commute of about 30-40 minutes would be ideal. Rent between ($800-$1000). Looking to get a place from early August. Probably reaching NYC around the 10th of August so if one has to sign a lease before then, how exactly does that work? Anyone who has an open spot or would like to look for a place together, please email me at sharanya_dutta@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch, really look forward to seeing you guys this fall!

• May 13, 2018 at 7:50 pm
    Permalink

Hello!

My name is Chris, and I’m starting my PhD in economics at the Graduate Center in the fall. I’m original from Michigan but have spent the last year living in California for work. I’m looking for housing (around $1,000) for the fall so if anyone has an open spot or would like to get a group together to look for a place please let me know. My email is naubertc@umich.edu.

Thanks!

• May 13, 2018 at 2:10 am
    Permalink

Hello!

My name is Deep and I will be at GC CUNY for my MA in International Migration Studies starting Fall 2018! I’ll be moving to NY from Northern California and look forward to the snowy winters (Not really though)! P.s. I am originally from India

I am looking for housing for a price of around $800-$950 per month in the Brooklyn area but I am open to Harlem or Manhattan too if the right deal comes along!

If anyone is looking for roommates or is looking for someone to search for housing, please hit me up on dchadha@ucdavis.edu

Added perk: I love to cook and can promise my future housemates some delicious meals!

Thanks!

• May 12, 2018 at 8:55 am
    Permalink

Hello!

I will start the PhD in political science at GC CUNY this fall. I am looking for accommodation (preferably around $800). Please get in touch at aggarwal.ankita87@gmail.com if you would like to share a place or together look for accommodation.

• May 9, 2018 at 4:18 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

My name is Kathryn, and I am moving to NYC in July/Aug to start a PhD in Biology at the GC and City College. I am moving from Florida, where I am finished a MS at the University of Central Florida.

I am looking for 1-2 roommates to apartment hunt with, my budget is up to $1200/month but around $1000 would be preferable. I am looking to be in upper manhattan: Hamilton Heights & Morningside Park area (basically close to City College in Harlem). It’s not necessary, but I would LOVE an apartment with any outdoor space =)

I am clean, a non-smoker, and have a small dog, a miniature pinscher, who gets along with other small dogs and cats. I am looking for roommates who are social, respectful, and clean.

If you are interested in looking for an apartment together, send me an email: mercier.kate@gmail.com.

• May 8, 2018 at 4:10 pm
    Permalink

Hello!

This is a SHOUT OUT to fellow grad students to seek help in finding accommodation.

A bit about myself- I am Varnica and have lived and worked in India for many many years. I plan to arrive mid august to begin graduate studies in Critical Social/ Personality psychology from this Fall at the Graduate Center. I enjoy watching dance/ theater performances, love experimenting with food and travelling is a way of life. I hope to share a home with someone with whom I can relate to and share with (indifferent roommates freak me out!), though I do cherish personal space as well

A green and spacious area would be ideal.Flexible about neighborhood.A modest rent (between $800 to 1000), preferably with good communication channels to the Graduate Center would be preferable.

If you are interested in looking for something together or have a spare room do write in- varnicaarora@gmail.com

• May 8, 2018 at 4:08 pm
    Permalink

Hello everyone,

I’m starting the English PhD program in the fall and am looking either for a floormate/floormates to share an apartment with or anyone who has an extra room available. My limit is $1000 for my portion. Feel free to email me at travismbartley@gmail.com.

• May 7, 2018 at 12:16 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone, my name is Katie (Kathryn) and I will be moving up to NYC in July/ August to begin the Masters in Liberal Studies program, where I’ll focus on international studies. I am a Florida native and recently graduated from the University of North Florida with a degree in political science.

I will be moving with my longtime boyfriend (who works full time in real estate) and am looking for a 2br in the city. Looking to spend no more than 1400 for our portion of the rent but will remain flexible.

If your interested, please email me at Katiea.shapiro@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

• May 4, 2018 at 1:09 pm
    Permalink

Hi! My name is Victoria and I will be starting the clinical psychology PhD program at Queens College in the fall. I’m hoping to live in Queens though I’m flexible on location, and would spend up to $1000 (ideally less). I’m 26, non-smoker, and have a cat.

Looking to move in 8/1 or 8/15. Send me an email at vphillipsfairchild@gmail.com if you’re looking for a roommate!

• April 30, 2018 at 7:34 pm
    Permalink

Hello! SUMMER SUBLET 850$/month (+utilities)
    My room will be available from the end of May to end of August. You would be living with two doctorate students from the GC in Theatre. We have a massive 3bed 2baths apt. In the heart of bushwick. Close to the JMZ (5min walk) and the still working L (10min walk) Plus, tones of buses :). I don’t have a bed yet (there’s a desk and plants :)) but we can discuss if you need it fully furnished. There’s also a garden in the apt. :)). It’s a cool place.

You can reach me at
    Alex.dramatica@outlook.es

• April 30, 2018 at 9:11 am
    Permalink

Hello,
    My name is Ayse Obali and I will be starting the PhD program for Political Science at Fall 2018. I am 22. I currently live in Istanbul Turkey and will be coming to the NYC early August. My budget is up to 1,000 dollars.
    You can email me at ayseobali1995@gmail.com if you are interested.
    All the best,
    Ayse

• April 25, 2018 at 4:55 pm
    Permalink

Hello, my name is Andrea and I am going to start my masters in Fashion Studies this fall. I am looking to move the first week of August so whoever needs a roomate contact me at aysantacruz@gmail.com . I am very friendly and very pet tolerant. My budget is 1K or less if possible.
    My best regards, Andrea.

• April 24, 2018 at 4:28 pm
    Permalink

Hello!

I will be starting a Master’s Program in Women and Gender Studies in the fall. Looking for roommates and apartments!

I’d like to spend less than $1000 per month, and I’m not picky about location–I’m even willing to commute from Jersey or Philly or something!

Email me at k.corneilson.kc@gmail.com if you’re interested!

• April 18, 2018 at 4:17 pm
    Permalink

Hi!

I am starting a psychology doctoral program this fall at the GC, and I’m looking for a roommate!

I live in Brooklyn right now but am hoping to move to Upper Manhattan. My budget is between $800 and $1,000 (preferably lower). I’m looking for a place that starts mid-June or July 1!

Email me at jshouhayib@gmail.com if you have a room available or would like to search for places together. Happy to chat 🙂

Janan

• April 16, 2018 at 1:44 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

I will be a first year PhD student in Political Science at the GC, starting this Fall. I will be moving from Brazil, and I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment.

Please contact me if you have a room or want to look for an apartment together. I am flexible with dates to start the rent and locations.

E-mail me at gmkuele@gmail.com or add me on facebook.

Best,
    Giovanna

• April 11, 2018 at 8:26 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

I will be a first year Ph.D. student in French at the CUNY Graduate Center this fall (2018). I will be moving to NYC in late July and plan to sign a lease at the beginning of August.

My budget is $700-$1,000. Contact me at annie.r.schultz@gmail.com if you have a room available. Thanks!

Annie

• August 28, 2017 at 12:57 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

I’m a graduate student studying at the City College of New York and am looking to live on the upper west side/Harlem. If anyone has a room available in those areas, please let me know.

Best,
    Ashita
    Patela395@gmail.com

• August 22, 2017 at 11:43 pm
    Permalink

Hi there:
    I’m a doctoral student at the Grad. Center. I’m looking for roomate for a Sept 15th or Oct. 1st move in. My budget is $800-1000. Thank you. Feel free to email me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. Thank you.
    David

• August 21, 2017 at 4:59 pm
    Permalink

Hi!
    My Friend and I are looking for a third female roommate (sorry guys!) in Bed-Stuy. The room in 900$ a month, including all bills. The apartment is very nice and spacious, the room is available as of today. We both start grad school in CUNY this week.
    Also we both are vegan so if you’re really into cooking meat in the apartment it might not work out.
    For more info and pictures email me 🙂

lianmalkischubert@gmail.com

• August 17, 2017 at 10:39 am
    Permalink

Hi! My roommate situation has fallen through at the last minute and I was wondering if anyone else was still looking for a roommate. I am starting in New York next week and am a 23 year old PhD student from Tennessee! Feel free to contact me mlmeranda@outlook.com

• August 3, 2017 at 9:35 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone!
    I am a Ph.D. student starting this Fall at the CUNY. I will have a permanent accommodation starting on September 1. Because I have no place to go until the beginning of September, I was wondering if someone needs a roommate in the meantime for three weeks starting on August 9 and ending on August 31.
    If yes feel free to contact me at giordanafiori@gmail.com. Thanks.

Bye!

• August 2, 2017 at 12:32 pm
    Permalink

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning September 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
    Best,
    David

• July 29, 2017 at 9:42 pm
    Permalink

Hey everyone,

I’m entering my first year as a PhD in Earth and Environmental Sciences. I am looking for roommates interested in splitting an apt. I am pretty much okay with any areas of NYC. Manhattan, Brooklyn, or Queens are great.

If you are interested or know of any housing options please let me know at nicholas.hugo@ndsu.edu.

Thanks!
    Nick

• July 26, 2017 at 2:10 pm
    Permalink

Hi all!

I’m just beginning my D.M.A. in Performance (I’m a harpist), and am still looking for housing for August!

Please get in contact if you know of something (and if you wouldn’t mind living with a musician 🙂 )

Thanks!
    Chelsea

• July 26, 2017 at 3:24 am
    Permalink

Hey everyone,

fresh gender studies student here. I live in Istanbul right now and I am looking to sublet a place for the month of august while I am looking for a more permanent place/ or stay longer if the room is a good fit. Budget is max 1000.

I am pretty chill, a lot into art and politics (sociology major), leftist feminist heathen. I like to cook, read and watch netflix a lot. My secret weakness is musical theatre.

lemme know if this fits what you are looking for,
    Öykü

• July 18, 2017 at 9:51 am
    Permalink

Hello,

I have a room available from August 1th to Sept. 10th in Crown Heights. Beautiful, sunny and only 40min to campus. Your roommates will be two PhD students from CUNY *Art History and Gender Studies. 1000$/month :).

It’s a great option if you are international and need some time to find a place of your own.

Much love and happy hunting,

Alex alex.dramatica@outlook.es

• July 10, 2017 at 9:27 am
    Permalink

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are looking for a third roommate to sign a lease with around August 1.

We are both 24 year old, male, incoming PhD students. I am studying political science at CUNY and he is studying politics at The New School. We’ve focused most of our search around the Dekalb L so far and have a couple places we could sign, but we are open and looking for any place that allows for an easy commute for all of us.

We’re trying to keep rent at or below $1000~ per month per person. I am planning on bringing a cat, so pets are welcome. Other than that we are flexible.

If you are interested, please email me at nc105609@ohio.edu ASAP!

• July 10, 2017 at 12:20 am
    Permalink

Hey everyone,

I’m entering my first year in the Behavioral/Cognitive Neuroscience PhD program at CUNY. My friend and I are looking for a third roommate to live in a 3BR flat. We don’t have a place picked out yet, but we’d like to live in either Greenpoint, Long Island City, or Sunnyside. We’re both pretty flexible and accommodating. Bonus if you like vinyl records and Mexican food.

Shoot me an email at s.t.koenig@icloud.com.

• July 6, 2017 at 9:39 pm
    Permalink

Hi all!

I am an incoming student in the sociology PhD program and am looking for a 4th roommate for a 3 bedroom apartment in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn (1329 Pacific St). You’d be sharing the apartment with me and my partner in one room and a 3rd year law student (and verified great guy!) in the second. The lease starts on August 1. Super convenient location – a 7 minute walk to the A/C lines, a 2 minute walk from a laundromat, and grocery stores and restaurants abound. As of now, the price for the room is $825, although that might fluctuate depending on whether the landlord changes the rent when the lease is renewed. A rental application will be required by the management company.

If you’re interested and would like to see images of the room and common spaces, reach out to me at Joanna.dressel@gmail.com

Have a great rest of your summer!

• July 5, 2017 at 11:56 pm
    Permalink

Hello peeps!

My name is Matthew Batson, I am a 23-year-old male who was just accepted a few days ago to a Phd program in sociology. I am looking to live with 1-3 more people in an apartment at any location and I can handle a rent up to $1,500/person.

I’m quiet, very clean, have 2 cats (who can easily stay in my room while I’m out if it’s a problem), relaxed and slightly hippie, don’t do any drugs, don’t smoke, enjoy fitness, reading, good tea or Kava, and any outdoor activities. I’m very flexible and in a slight scramble to try and find somewhere to live.

If anyone is looking for a roommate feel free to contact me at matbatson@gmail.com
    Anything else you want to know just ask! 🙂

• July 5, 2017 at 8:22 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

My name is Libby. I’m a 26 year old female. This fall I will begin my journey as a PhD candidate in Biology at the CUNY GC. I plan to move from Michigan between mid July to the first week of august. I would like to live in the Queens or Brooklyn area. My maximum budget is ~1000/month. I am not a smoker and do not have any pets. I prefer to have female roommates. Please feel free to email me at:
    nika1l@cmich.edu

I would love to chat and get to know any potential roommates!

• July 5, 2017 at 5:02 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

My name is Julie. I am moving up from Florida the first week in August, and will be starting the Political Science PhD program. I have a sweet 35lb dog and am looking to budget ~$1000 for something in Brooklyn or Queens. You can email me at jgoldberg85@gmail.com

• July 3, 2017 at 4:04 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

My name is Cherise and I’m starting the PhD program in Clinical Psychology at City College in the Fall. I’m looking to get an apartment with another female and rent around $1500/month with some wiggle room for a 2BR/2B in Manhattan.

I’m a quiet, clean, responsible and neat person. I enjoy reading, watching Netflix and shows, drinking tea and checking out new restaurants. I am a non-smoker and I do not have any pets. I believe in communication and look for a roommate able talk through things.

Would love to chat more with anyone interested. You can email me at: hrh647@gmail.com

Looking to move between July 29th and August 3rd

• June 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm
    Permalink

Hi all –

I’m Hunter, and I’ll be attending the Graduate Center for my master’s in Liberal Studies. I’m not a smoker, I’m clean, and quiet, and conflict adverse – and easy to get along with. I’d prefer to live in Brooklyn, but am really open to living anywhere in the city as long as the price stays in the ~1,000 $ range. I’d like to move to the city after the first week of August, but am totally flexible with regards to almost everything else.

Cheers – and if you’d like to chat more, or if you have a place lined up and just need one more roommate, email me at huntersawyer6@gmail.com

• June 28, 2017 at 1:36 pm
    Permalink

Hello my fellow CUNY’ers,

Hieu Nguyen here coming to start my Ph.D. in Econ. I am looking for 2 people to join me on my search for a 3 bedroom apartment that would keep the cost of rent in the $1k range. Ideal move in date for me is between July 15 and Aug 1.

I have found two potential places (links at the end – take a look). If you want to join, email me at hieu.t.nguyen.aug25@gmail.com

• June 26, 2017 at 8:28 pm
    Permalink

Hello!

My name is Zack and I am starting my graduate career in Anthropology at CUNY Grad Center this fall. I am looking for one or two roommates to find an apartment together. I am a clean, nonsmoking, and quiet individual who also loves animals. I have no preference in either living in Brooklyn, Queens or Manhatten, but I would love to live close to any subway line for an easier commute.

I will be in the city in late July and would love to find a place and roommates before the end of August. If you would like to talk more, please email me at ghods102@mail.chapman.edu.

• June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
    Permalink

Hello all,

My name is Aditya Kulkarni and I’m starting my PhD program in Clinical Psychology at CUNY-Queens College in the Fall. I’m certainly interested in getting an apartment for upto around $1100/month but flexible for a little bit more if the place is very close to Queens college.

I’m a quiet, clean, and neat person and like to workout when I can, am an avid cinephile, and love to read books in my sparetime :-). I can as easily enjoy a video game and pizza night as much as I can a Sunday brunch.

If the place has a parking spot, I’ll also be able to bring my car to campus, which is a desirable factor.

If you’d like to talk more, email me at: aditya.klkrn5@gmail.com

Looking to move in latest by August 15th.

• June 20, 2017 at 5:43 pm
    Permalink

Hey everyone!

I’ll be starting my grad program in audiology this fall. I’m 22 years old, clean, non smoker, and easygoing. I’d like to live in Brooklyn but am flexible on location as long as it stays within my budget of $1000 including utilities. My move in date would be early/mid August.

If you want to get to know me more email sher6152014@gmail.com

Sherry

• June 19, 2017 at 5:10 pm
    Permalink

Hello fellow CUNY’ers:

I am starting my PhD in Economics this fall and need one more roommate to fill out a place in Brooklyn.

We have 3 bedrooms of a 4 bedroom filled at 344 Parkside Ave. (by Prospect Park). You will be living with two cute dogs. The apartment is two floors, each floor has two bedrooms, a full bathroom and its own living room! There is one shared kitchen downstairs. Rent is $950 for a full year lease starting July 1st.

We need someone to chip in First month’s rent + deposit ($1,900) fast within the next couple days, as the place could get taken soon. If interested, please email me ASAP at jpo317@gmail.com. I can send you the ad with pictures as well as a short video of the place. I and the others are happy to Skype or video chat as well!

• June 14, 2017 at 9:34 am
    Permalink

Dear all,

I’m Carolina Fraga. I will be starting the PhD program in Linguistics this coming Fall. I am planning on moving to NY in early/mid August, and I’m looking for one or two roommates who would like to share an apartment. My budget is around $1000 (flexible). As to location, I would prefer Harlem, but an apartment in Brooklyn or Queens would also work for me. Please, if you are interested contact me at: fragacaro@yahoo.com.ar
    Thanks!

• June 13, 2017 at 11:00 pm
    Permalink

Hi,there,

I am Wenbo, a PhD student in Mathematics 2017 fall in GC.

I am finding one or two roommates who want to rent an apartment together. The location I prefer is in Harlem, east Harlem. My budget is ≤ $1200/m. I will start my renting in August.

I am a neat and clean person so people have the same requirement will feel good. I don’t smoke, drink wines or have animals. I cook a lot myself then I guess it is a little smoky and oily when cooking. Most of the day time in weekdays I will be in Campus. I prefer quiet environment so one who has night party life is not my choice.

To people with interests in Math, Physics, I will be a good roommate. People with interests please contact by liwenbomathematics@gmail.com

• June 13, 2017 at 12:25 pm
    Permalink

Hello all,

My name is John Orellana and I will be starting my PhD in Economics at CUNY this fall. I am 31 years old and currently working as an attorney in Chicago, but need an apartment in NYC by July 1st. Looking to room with 1 or 2 others. Rent maximum is $1,000 (would much prefer less of course). I have a small dog (20lbs) who is house trained and very sweet. If interested, please contact me at jpo317@gmail.com.

• June 12, 2017 at 11:00 pm
    Permalink

Hi,there,

I am Wenbo, a Phd student in Mathematics 2017 fall in GC.

I am finding a roommate who wants to rent an apartment together. The location I prefer is in upper east Manhattan so it is not far. My budget is less or equal than $1200/m.

I am a neat and clean person so people have the same requirement will feel good. I cook a lot myself then I guess it is a little smoky and oily when cooking. I prefer quiet environment so one who has party life is not my choice.

To People with interests in Math, Physics, I will be a good roommate. People with interests please contact by liwenbomathematics@gmail.com

• June 11, 2017 at 9:55 am
    Permalink

Hi everyone,

my name is Giordana. I’ll be moving to NY from Rome on the 1st of August and will be starting a Ph.D. program in music theory this Fall.
    I’m looking for a room possibly in Manhattan in a house with one or two people, with a max around 45 min commute to the Grad Center. My budget is around $1100/month. Please feel free to contact me at giordanafiori@gmail.com

• June 10, 2017 at 3:26 pm
    Permalink

Have my 2 bedrooms apartment in Sunset Park , Brooklyn. Have and spare room and willing to share only with a grad Student, rent is 900. Further info at czrandrade@hotmail.com

• June 10, 2017 at 1:19 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone, my name is Andy. I’m starting in the fall as a PhD student in biology and am looking for a room – preferably in Manhattan or at least someplace with an easy commute to Manhattan. Looking to pay $1500/month, but there’s some wiggle room. My email is AndyGuarnaccia@gmail.com

• June 6, 2017 at 5:53 am
    Permalink

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a graduate student at CUNY. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment with roommates beginning August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). I’m available to view units from July 7th – 18th. Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. Thank you.

• June 1, 2017 at 8:12 am
    Permalink

Hi, I’m a 2nd-year chemistry PhD student who is trying to move to Harlem or Washington Heights in July. I am looking for someone to apartment-hunt with for a 2-br apartment. I don’t smoke and have no animals and am very clean and ask the same of any potential roommate. You can email me at aak418@gmail.com.

• May 31, 2017 at 4:25 pm
    Permalink

Hello,
    I am starting here this fall as a PhD student in mathematics and I’m looking for potential roommates to live with. I am relatively flexible concerning price and location. As a roommate, I tend to be introverted and need a bit of space, but I can be very talkative around those that I know well. I am also somewhat messy, but that is something that I am willing to work on to a certain extent. If anyone is interested and would like to discuss things further, you can email me at Michael_Ferguson@brown.edu.

• May 31, 2017 at 4:22 pm
    Permalink

I’ll be starting as a PhD student in the Cognition, Language, and Development program this fall.

I’m posting because my roommate is leaving to move in with her boyfriend, so I’ll have an open room starting on August 1st, or earlier if necessary.

I have a two bedroom apartment in the beautiful Hamilton Heights neighborhood of Harlem, on the same block as the 137/City College 1 train and express bus stops. It’s on Riverside Drive, right by Riverbank State Park. There is a huge supermarket with fresh produce and a parking lot, Duane Reade pharmacy, coffee shops, restaurants, and bars all within 5 blocks.

The building is excellently maintained, with a FREE gym, and new laundry machines. There is also a full lounge downstairs with leather couches, study tables, wifi, and a conference area. There’s a free bike storage room and a separate trash/recycling room.

The apartment is CLEAN and bright, with stainless appliances, dishwasher, granite countertops, and hardwood floors. The bedroom can easily fit a full sized bed with a dresser/desk, plus it has a huge double closet. It has a sunny northeast facing window with a fire escape.

I’ve lived in New York for 4 years and I wish I had found this apartment sooner. Honestly, it’s beautiful and I couldn’t be more satisfied.

Rent is around $1350/month and I am looking for someone to sign a 12 month lease.

Email me if you’re interested and I can send you pictures, or you can come by to see it if it’s still available!

• May 30, 2017 at 10:25 am
    Permalink

Hi everyone,

I am living in Brooklyn at the moment, but my current living situation is ending on July 31st. I am starting my PhD in Theatre at the Graduate Center this fall and I will be looking for a new apartment and roommate starting on August 1. I live right next to Prospect Park now and would ideally like to stay within 3 blocks of the park because I absolutely love it. In general, I like to keep things fairly neat and I usually study at home. Also, I am planning on adopting a dog in August, so I would need a roommate who is also a dog lover. I’m hoping to pay a max. of $1000/month for rent.

Please feel free to email me (tcc344@nyu.edu) if you think this might be a good fit!

Best,
    Taylor

• May 17, 2017 at 10:42 pm
    Permalink

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
    Best,
    David

• May 17, 2017 at 10:40 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me on this email. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
    Best,
    David

• May 17, 2017 at 9:26 pm
    Permalink

Hi everyone,

I;m Jacob Kalish and I’m am starting the philosophy M.A. program this fall and will be moving to New York in late July, early August. I’m looking for roommates to rent an apartment with, my budget’s about $850-900 a month. You can email me at jacobkalish72@gmail.com or text me at 3304721312

• May 17, 2017 at 4:25 pm
    Permalink

Hey everybody!

I’m Michael, I’ll be starting the math PhD program at GC this fall. I’m looking for someone(s) to share an apartment with. I’m looking the range of ~$1000 per month.

My email is marinellirm1@gmail.com

• May 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm
    Permalink

Hello all!

I’m Caroline and I’ll be starting a Clinical Psychology PhD at Queens College this fall. I’m hoping to find a roommate to live with in Queens! I’d like to spend around $1000/month for housing, move in for August 1st.

I’m a flexible, friendly roommate. I will probably bake a lot of cookies to share. I’m neat, but not obsessively so. I’m a runner and a reader and avid podcast listener.

Email me if you think we will be a good fit!

carolineonester@gmail.com

• May 16, 2017 at 6:06 pm
    Permalink

Hello everyone!

I’m Stephanie Sorage, accepted into the Psych and Law program at John Jay, and I’m looking for a roommate or roommates to share housing with! I’ve been looking at Brooklyn and Queens primarily, but I’m open to looking elsewhere. I’d like to stay below $1000 a month and am planning on moving to NYC sometime in August.

I’m basically a nerd, and pretty easy-going and friendly. Look me up on facebook or email me if you’re interested!
    stephanie.sorage@gmail.com

• May 13, 2017 at 10:25 am
    Permalink

Hi all,

I’m Kai and I will be starting this fall at the GC in Physics PhD program.

I am planning to get to NYC on August and I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment.

If anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment , please email me at chichern@126.com

Best,

KAI

• May 12, 2017 at 10:34 am
    Permalink

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex Viteri. I am a multidisciplinary artist joining the PhD in Performance Studies and Theater next fall.

I am looking for roommates to join forces and share LGBTQ+ friendly home in Brooklyn. Love plants, home made dinners with friends, the criterium collection from Hulu and sunshine.

If any of this sounds good, feel free to write me and/or add me on facebook.
    alex.dramatica@outlook.es

Happy hunting!

• May 8, 2017 at 8:32 am
    Permalink

Hey everyone:

My name is Aspen, and I will be starting at the GC this fall for Women’s and Gender Studies.

I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment. I identify as a lesbian female, so I’m looking for a positive LGBTQ+ environment.

My move in date is flexible, but I’m most likely looking to move mid-July or beginning of August. Feel free to email me or add me on Facebook if interested.

aspchris@umail.iu.edu

• May 4, 2017 at 1:32 pm
    Permalink

Hi (again) all,

I didn’t realize that the forum doesn’t automatically share your email address.

I will be starting this fall at the GC in the Health Psychology and Clinical Science doctoral program.

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago. I am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 30-45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July and I’d like to stay around or below 1k/month.

I identify as a gay/queer male, so I would be looking for a LGBTQ positive environment. I have a couch that I would also want to move with me. I spend most of my time drinking wine and/or coffee, visiting the theatre, museums, etc.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out

Trey.Dellucci@gmail.com

• May 4, 2017 at 10:27 am
    Permalink

Hello All!

I am Hunter Korsmo, a student of the PhD program of Biochemistry entering in the Fall of 2017. I’m originally from Texas, and did my undergrad in Ohio (BS in Biochemistry). Granted I am 19 years old, I am looking for potential roommates to move in with. I am also very dedicated to my education, so I intend to not be around the house too much. Also, I am gay and would like LGBTQ friendliness. I don’t smoke, nor do I have pets. I keep to myself some of the time, but do enjoy socializing. Find me on Facebook and let me know if you are interested in finding a roommate! Have a wonderful day and thanks for your considerations!

• May 4, 2017 at 8:22 am
    Permalink

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Computer Science. I am a 24 year-old international student (I am Turkish, currently studying in Koç university), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be around 1.3k. Please, feel free to contact me, my e-mail is enisberkc at gmail dot com

Best,
    Enis

• May 3, 2017 at 11:52 am
    Permalink

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Physics. I am a 25 year-old international student (I am Colombian, currently studying in Brazil), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be below 1k. Please, feel free to contact me, my Facebook is jozedavid.nan and my e-mail is josehr43@gmail.com.

Best,
    José

• April 30, 2017 at 6:07 pm
    Permalink

Hey Everyone! I’m a first-year doctoral student in the French department. I’m looking for a roommate to share housing. I’m from the country so it’s a bit daunting finding housing in New York City! I’m interested to spend max 1000 a month (would prefer Brooklyn, but of course down for other options!). Looking for LGBTQ friendly, as well.
    Please e-mail me if you are interested in sharing housing, learning more about me (I have facebook too, and can provide more about me over e-mail) or would just like to connect. My e-mail is ryan.evelyn@uconn.edu

• April 30, 2017 at 10:06 am
    Permalink

Hey all!

My name is Gijs. I am an international student from the Netherlands and will start the Sociology PhD program this Fall.
    Because I am an international student, I have close to zero knowledge about the New York rental market.
    I am looking for a room in Brooklyn with rent below or around 1000. However, on most of the websites that I have searched for a room, they ask for credit history (which I don’t have). Can anybody tell me more about the possibilities of renting/subletting a room when I don’t have a credit history?

Also, if anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment, please add me on Facebook or email me at gijsybema94@gmail.com

Best,
    Gijs

• April 28, 2017 at 2:59 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

Greetings!

My name is Daniela and I am starting in the History PhD program this Fall. I currently live in Astoria/ Queens with my husband (1 bed apartment; about 30mts commute to the grad center/ 5 min walk to W/Q trains). We are going to be away between mid-June/ late July (back in August though) – in case any of you need a sublet for this period (while you look for places before the semester starts) – just send me an email (dtraldi@msn.com).

I am also happy to help out with suggestions/ advice if you need me. I live in Astoria Boulevard close to 30th Avenue (google it!), which is a nice and safe area full of restaurants, supermarkets, subway/ bus. Rent here is fairly cheaper in comparison to some areas of Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the Fall!

Cheers, Daniela

• April 25, 2017 at 8:12 pm
    Permalink

hi! i’m starting in the philosophy phd program this fall. hoping for early to mid august move-in, brooklyn/queens, under 1k/month (somewhat flexible), reasonable commute, etc.

feel free to email me at rebeccakeller0@gmail.com if you wanna talk housing stuff!

• April 25, 2017 at 6:50 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

I am Lidia and will be starting the PhD program in Criminal Justice this fall. I am planning to get to NYC on August, and I am looking for housing.
    I am looking for a commute below 1 hr and rent around or below 1k. Been putting my eyes on Astoria, but other place in Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem or other option are fine too.

Please, feel free to contact me so we can see if we are a right fit.

lidiavas6@gmail.com

• April 25, 2017 at 6:26 pm
    Permalink

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tom, I’m a newly admitted MA student for the GC’s comparative literature program. I’m looking to start a lease in August in (probably) Brooklyn/Queens, Washington Heights, or Harlem. I’ve seen room postings for ~$750 which is a price that makes me sigh less heavily, but I can do up to a grand/mo. Would love to connect with anyone with the same move-in date who wants to email-converse about roommate compatibility, housing preferences, etc.

tommikecarl@gmail.com

• April 25, 2017 at 5:32 pm
    Permalink

Hey!

I’m Hakan and I’m a future economics PhD student. I know nothing about New York and I’m looking for a place to stay. Really don’t have that many preferences besides hopefully a rent below or around 1k and a short commute.

contact me at hakan_yilmaz_td@hotmail.com

• April 25, 2017 at 1:07 pm
    Permalink

Hey y’all,

I’m Zach and I’m going to be starting in the political science PhD program in the fall with a political theory major. It would be cool to end up in Queens or Brooklyn, but really I’m just looking for 1,100 or less in rent and a commute that’s less than 45 minutes. Especially if any other political science students looking for apartments want put together a group of some sort, add me on facebook or shoot me an email at zachary.conn13@ncf.edu.

• April 24, 2017 at 3:49 pm
    Permalink

Hi all,

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago and am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out 🙂

• April 24, 2017 at 8:17 am
    Permalink

Hi,

I will be starting this fall at the GC with a phD focus in Mayan Archaeology.

I am looking to live in Queens if anyone is interested in sharing a flat.

Best,

Marie