Posted by: Marisa Panzani | 1st Mar, 2017

Roommate matching!

This post should be used to match roommates.  Go ahead and list requests for roommates in the comments section.  Please do be mindful, however, that this is an open forum and you should not post information that is too personal (i.e. addresses or telephone numbers) and be sure to meet each other the first time in a public place.

Responses

Hi,

I will be starting this fall at the GC with a phD focus in Mayan Archaeology.

I am looking to live in Queens if anyone is interested in sharing a flat.

Best,

Marie

Hi all,

I will be starting this fall at the GC in the Health Psychology and Clinical Science doctoral program.

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago and am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out 🙂

Hey y’all,

I’m Zach and I’m going to be starting in the political science PhD program in the fall with a political theory major. It would be cool to end up in Queens or Brooklyn, but really I’m just looking for 1,100 or less in rent and a commute that’s less than 45 minutes. Especially if any other political science students looking for apartments want put together a group of some sort, add me on facebook or shoot me an email at zachary.conn13@ncf.edu.

Hey!

I’m Hakan and I’m a future economics PhD student. I know nothing about New York and I’m looking for a place to stay. Really don’t have that many preferences besides hopefully a rent below or around 1k and a short commute.

contact me at hakan_yilmaz_td@hotmail.com

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tom, I’m a newly admitted MA student for the GC’s comparative literature program. I’m looking to start a lease in August in (probably) Brooklyn/Queens, Washington Heights, or Harlem. I’ve seen room postings for ~$750 which is a price that makes me sigh less heavily, but I can do up to a grand/mo. Would love to connect with anyone with the same move-in date who wants to email-converse about roommate compatibility, housing preferences, etc.

tommikecarl@gmail.com

Hello,

I am Lidia and will be starting the PhD program in Criminal Justice this fall. I am planning to get to NYC on August, and I am looking for housing.
I am looking for a commute below 1 hr and rent around or below 1k. Been putting my eyes on Astoria, but other place in Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem or other option are fine too.

Please, feel free to contact me so we can see if we are a right fit.

lidiavas6@gmail.com

hi! i’m starting in the philosophy phd program this fall. hoping for early to mid august move-in, brooklyn/queens, under 1k/month (somewhat flexible), reasonable commute, etc.

feel free to email me at rebeccakeller0@gmail.com if you wanna talk housing stuff!

Hi all,

Greetings!

My name is Daniela and I am starting in the History PhD program this Fall. I currently live in Astoria/ Queens with my husband (1 bed apartment; about 30mts commute to the grad center/ 5 min walk to W/Q trains). We are going to be away between mid-June/ late July (back in August though) – in case any of you need a sublet for this period (while you look for places before the semester starts) – just send me an email (dtraldi@msn.com).

I am also happy to help out with suggestions/ advice if you need me. I live in Astoria Boulevard close to 30th Avenue (google it!), which is a nice and safe area full of restaurants, supermarkets, subway/ bus. Rent here is fairly cheaper in comparison to some areas of Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the Fall!

Cheers, Daniela

Hey all!

My name is Gijs. I am an international student from the Netherlands and will start the Sociology PhD program this Fall.
Because I am an international student, I have close to zero knowledge about the New York rental market.
I am looking for a room in Brooklyn with rent below or around 1000. However, on most of the websites that I have searched for a room, they ask for credit history (which I don’t have). Can anybody tell me more about the possibilities of renting/subletting a room when I don’t have a credit history?

Also, if anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment, please add me on Facebook or email me at gijsybema94@gmail.com

Best,
Gijs

Hey Everyone! I’m a first-year doctoral student in the French department. I’m looking for a roommate to share housing. I’m from the country so it’s a bit daunting finding housing in New York City! I’m interested to spend max 1000 a month (would prefer Brooklyn, but of course down for other options!). Looking for LGBTQ friendly, as well.
Please e-mail me if you are interested in sharing housing, learning more about me (I have facebook too, and can provide more about me over e-mail) or would just like to connect. My e-mail is ryan.evelyn@uconn.edu

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Physics. I am a 25 year-old international student (I am Colombian, currently studying in Brazil), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be below 1k. Please, feel free to contact me, my Facebook is jozedavid.nan and my e-mail is josehr43@gmail.com.

Best,
José

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Computer Science. I am a 24 year-old international student (I am Turkish, currently studying in Koç university), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be around 1.3k. Please, feel free to contact me, my e-mail is enisberkc at gmail dot com

Best,
Enis

Hello All!

I am Hunter Korsmo, a student of the PhD program of Biochemistry entering in the Fall of 2017. I’m originally from Texas, and did my undergrad in Ohio (BS in Biochemistry). Granted I am 19 years old, I am looking for potential roommates to move in with. I am also very dedicated to my education, so I intend to not be around the house too much. Also, I am gay and would like LGBTQ friendliness. I don’t smoke, nor do I have pets. I keep to myself some of the time, but do enjoy socializing. Find me on Facebook and let me know if you are interested in finding a roommate! Have a wonderful day and thanks for your considerations!

Hi (again) all,

I didn’t realize that the forum doesn’t automatically share your email address.

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago. I am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 30-45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July and I’d like to stay around or below 1k/month.

I identify as a gay/queer male, so I would be looking for a LGBTQ positive environment. I have a couch that I would also want to move with me. I spend most of my time drinking wine and/or coffee, visiting the theatre, museums, etc.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out

Trey.Dellucci@gmail.com

Hey everyone:

My name is Aspen, and I will be starting at the GC this fall for Women’s and Gender Studies.

I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment. I identify as a lesbian female, so I’m looking for a positive LGBTQ+ environment.

My move in date is flexible, but I’m most likely looking to move mid-July or beginning of August. Feel free to email me or add me on Facebook if interested.

aspchris@umail.iu.edu

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex Viteri. I am a multidisciplinary artist joining the PhD in Performance Studies and Theater next fall.

I am looking for roommates to join forces and share LGBTQ+ friendly home in Brooklyn. Love plants, home made dinners with friends, the criterium collection from Hulu and sunshine.

If any of this sounds good, feel free to write me and/or add me on facebook.
alex.dramatica@outlook.es

Happy hunting!

Hi all,

I’m Kai and I will be starting this fall at the GC in Physics PhD program.

I am planning to get to NYC on August and I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment.

If anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment , please email me at chichern@126.com

Best,

KAI

Hello everyone!

I’m Stephanie Sorage, accepted into the Psych and Law program at John Jay, and I’m looking for a roommate or roommates to share housing with! I’ve been looking at Brooklyn and Queens primarily, but I’m open to looking elsewhere. I’d like to stay below $1000 a month and am planning on moving to NYC sometime in August.

I’m basically a nerd, and pretty easy-going and friendly. Look me up on facebook or email me if you’re interested!
stephanie.sorage@gmail.com

Hello all!

I’m Caroline and I’ll be starting a Clinical Psychology PhD at Queens College this fall. I’m hoping to find a roommate to live with in Queens! I’d like to spend around $1000/month for housing, move in for August 1st.

I’m a flexible, friendly roommate. I will probably bake a lot of cookies to share. I’m neat, but not obsessively so. I’m a runner and a reader and avid podcast listener.

Email me if you think we will be a good fit!

carolineonester@gmail.com

Hey everybody!

I’m Michael, I’ll be starting the math PhD program at GC this fall. I’m looking for someone(s) to share an apartment with. I’m looking the range of ~$1000 per month.

My email is marinellirm1@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I;m Jacob Kalish and I’m am starting the philosophy M.A. program this fall and will be moving to New York in late July, early August. I’m looking for roommates to rent an apartment with, my budget’s about $850-900 a month. You can email me at jacobkalish72@gmail.com or text me at 3304721312

Hi everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me on this email. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
Best,
David

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
Best,
David

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message