Posted by: Marisa Panzani | 1st Mar, 2017

Roommate matching!

This post should be used to match roommates.  Go ahead and list requests for roommates in the comments section.  Please do be mindful, however, that this is an open forum and you should not post information that is too personal (i.e. addresses or telephone numbers) and be sure to meet each other the first time in a public place.

Responses

Hi,

I will be starting this fall at the GC with a phD focus in Mayan Archaeology.

I am looking to live in Queens if anyone is interested in sharing a flat.

Best,

Marie

Hi all,

I will be starting this fall at the GC in the Health Psychology and Clinical Science doctoral program.

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago and am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out 🙂

Hey y’all,

I’m Zach and I’m going to be starting in the political science PhD program in the fall with a political theory major. It would be cool to end up in Queens or Brooklyn, but really I’m just looking for 1,100 or less in rent and a commute that’s less than 45 minutes. Especially if any other political science students looking for apartments want put together a group of some sort, add me on facebook or shoot me an email at zachary.conn13@ncf.edu.

Hey!

I’m Hakan and I’m a future economics PhD student. I know nothing about New York and I’m looking for a place to stay. Really don’t have that many preferences besides hopefully a rent below or around 1k and a short commute.

contact me at hakan_yilmaz_td@hotmail.com

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tom, I’m a newly admitted MA student for the GC’s comparative literature program. I’m looking to start a lease in August in (probably) Brooklyn/Queens, Washington Heights, or Harlem. I’ve seen room postings for ~$750 which is a price that makes me sigh less heavily, but I can do up to a grand/mo. Would love to connect with anyone with the same move-in date who wants to email-converse about roommate compatibility, housing preferences, etc.

tommikecarl@gmail.com

Hello,

I am Lidia and will be starting the PhD program in Criminal Justice this fall. I am planning to get to NYC on August, and I am looking for housing.
I am looking for a commute below 1 hr and rent around or below 1k. Been putting my eyes on Astoria, but other place in Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem or other option are fine too.

Please, feel free to contact me so we can see if we are a right fit.

lidiavas6@gmail.com

hi! i’m starting in the philosophy phd program this fall. hoping for early to mid august move-in, brooklyn/queens, under 1k/month (somewhat flexible), reasonable commute, etc.

feel free to email me at rebeccakeller0@gmail.com if you wanna talk housing stuff!

Hi all,

Greetings!

My name is Daniela and I am starting in the History PhD program this Fall. I currently live in Astoria/ Queens with my husband (1 bed apartment; about 30mts commute to the grad center/ 5 min walk to W/Q trains). We are going to be away between mid-June/ late July (back in August though) – in case any of you need a sublet for this period (while you look for places before the semester starts) – just send me an email (dtraldi@msn.com).

I am also happy to help out with suggestions/ advice if you need me. I live in Astoria Boulevard close to 30th Avenue (google it!), which is a nice and safe area full of restaurants, supermarkets, subway/ bus. Rent here is fairly cheaper in comparison to some areas of Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the Fall!

Cheers, Daniela

Hey all!

My name is Gijs. I am an international student from the Netherlands and will start the Sociology PhD program this Fall.
Because I am an international student, I have close to zero knowledge about the New York rental market.
I am looking for a room in Brooklyn with rent below or around 1000. However, on most of the websites that I have searched for a room, they ask for credit history (which I don’t have). Can anybody tell me more about the possibilities of renting/subletting a room when I don’t have a credit history?

Also, if anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment, please add me on Facebook or email me at gijsybema94@gmail.com

Best,
Gijs

Hey Everyone! I’m a first-year doctoral student in the French department. I’m looking for a roommate to share housing. I’m from the country so it’s a bit daunting finding housing in New York City! I’m interested to spend max 1000 a month (would prefer Brooklyn, but of course down for other options!). Looking for LGBTQ friendly, as well.
Please e-mail me if you are interested in sharing housing, learning more about me (I have facebook too, and can provide more about me over e-mail) or would just like to connect. My e-mail is ryan.evelyn@uconn.edu

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Physics. I am a 25 year-old international student (I am Colombian, currently studying in Brazil), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be below 1k. Please, feel free to contact me, my Facebook is jozedavid.nan and my e-mail is josehr43@gmail.com.

Best,
José

Hi!, I was just accepted for the PhD in Computer Science. I am a 24 year-old international student (I am Turkish, currently studying in Koç university), moving to NYC in the 1st week of August. I am looking for one (or two) roommate(s) to look for and share an apartment.

I have never been to NY, and I know just a little about NY; but I expect that housing expenses should be around 1.3k. Please, feel free to contact me, my e-mail is enisberkc at gmail dot com

Best,
Enis

Hello All!

I am Hunter Korsmo, a student of the PhD program of Biochemistry entering in the Fall of 2017. I’m originally from Texas, and did my undergrad in Ohio (BS in Biochemistry). Granted I am 19 years old, I am looking for potential roommates to move in with. I am also very dedicated to my education, so I intend to not be around the house too much. Also, I am gay and would like LGBTQ friendliness. I don’t smoke, nor do I have pets. I keep to myself some of the time, but do enjoy socializing. Find me on Facebook and let me know if you are interested in finding a roommate! Have a wonderful day and thanks for your considerations!

Hi (again) all,

I didn’t realize that the forum doesn’t automatically share your email address.

My cat and I are re-locating to NYC from Chicago. I am hoping to live in Brooklyn or Queens with a max commute around 30-45 minutes. Prospective move in date would be the first week of July and I’d like to stay around or below 1k/month.

I identify as a gay/queer male, so I would be looking for a LGBTQ positive environment. I have a couch that I would also want to move with me. I spend most of my time drinking wine and/or coffee, visiting the theatre, museums, etc.

If anyone is looking to share an apartment – please reach out

Trey.Dellucci@gmail.com

Hey everyone:

My name is Aspen, and I will be starting at the GC this fall for Women’s and Gender Studies.

I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment. I identify as a lesbian female, so I’m looking for a positive LGBTQ+ environment.

My move in date is flexible, but I’m most likely looking to move mid-July or beginning of August. Feel free to email me or add me on Facebook if interested.

aspchris@umail.iu.edu

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex Viteri. I am a multidisciplinary artist joining the PhD in Performance Studies and Theater next fall.

I am looking for roommates to join forces and share LGBTQ+ friendly home in Brooklyn. Love plants, home made dinners with friends, the criterium collection from Hulu and sunshine.

If any of this sounds good, feel free to write me and/or add me on facebook.
alex.dramatica@outlook.es

Happy hunting!

Hi all,

I’m Kai and I will be starting this fall at the GC in Physics PhD program.

I am planning to get to NYC on August and I am looking to find someone interested in sharing an apartment.

If anyone wants to discuss the possibilities to share an apartment , please email me at chichern@126.com

Best,

KAI

Hello everyone!

I’m Stephanie Sorage, accepted into the Psych and Law program at John Jay, and I’m looking for a roommate or roommates to share housing with! I’ve been looking at Brooklyn and Queens primarily, but I’m open to looking elsewhere. I’d like to stay below $1000 a month and am planning on moving to NYC sometime in August.

I’m basically a nerd, and pretty easy-going and friendly. Look me up on facebook or email me if you’re interested!
stephanie.sorage@gmail.com

Hello all!

I’m Caroline and I’ll be starting a Clinical Psychology PhD at Queens College this fall. I’m hoping to find a roommate to live with in Queens! I’d like to spend around $1000/month for housing, move in for August 1st.

I’m a flexible, friendly roommate. I will probably bake a lot of cookies to share. I’m neat, but not obsessively so. I’m a runner and a reader and avid podcast listener.

Email me if you think we will be a good fit!

carolineonester@gmail.com

Hey everybody!

I’m Michael, I’ll be starting the math PhD program at GC this fall. I’m looking for someone(s) to share an apartment with. I’m looking the range of ~$1000 per month.

My email is marinellirm1@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I;m Jacob Kalish and I’m am starting the philosophy M.A. program this fall and will be moving to New York in late July, early August. I’m looking for roommates to rent an apartment with, my budget’s about $850-900 a month. You can email me at jacobkalish72@gmail.com or text me at 3304721312

Hi everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me on this email. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
Best,
David

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a PhD student in Political Science at the Graduate Center. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment beginning July or August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. I currently live in NJ and the commute is not very nice.
Best,
David

Hi everyone,

I am living in Brooklyn at the moment, but my current living situation is ending on July 31st. I am starting my PhD in Theatre at the Graduate Center this fall and I will be looking for a new apartment and roommate starting on August 1. I live right next to Prospect Park now and would ideally like to stay within 3 blocks of the park because I absolutely love it. In general, I like to keep things fairly neat and I usually study at home. Also, I am planning on adopting a dog in August, so I would need a roommate who is also a dog lover. I’m hoping to pay a max. of $1000/month for rent.

Please feel free to email me (tcc344@nyu.edu) if you think this might be a good fit!

Best,
Taylor

I’ll be starting as a PhD student in the Cognition, Language, and Development program this fall.

I’m posting because my roommate is leaving to move in with her boyfriend, so I’ll have an open room starting on August 1st, or earlier if necessary.

I have a two bedroom apartment in the beautiful Hamilton Heights neighborhood of Harlem, on the same block as the 137/City College 1 train and express bus stops. It’s on Riverside Drive, right by Riverbank State Park. There is a huge supermarket with fresh produce and a parking lot, Duane Reade pharmacy, coffee shops, restaurants, and bars all within 5 blocks.

The building is excellently maintained, with a FREE gym, and new laundry machines. There is also a full lounge downstairs with leather couches, study tables, wifi, and a conference area. There’s a free bike storage room and a separate trash/recycling room.

The apartment is CLEAN and bright, with stainless appliances, dishwasher, granite countertops, and hardwood floors. The bedroom can easily fit a full sized bed with a dresser/desk, plus it has a huge double closet. It has a sunny northeast facing window with a fire escape.

I’ve lived in New York for 4 years and I wish I had found this apartment sooner. Honestly, it’s beautiful and I couldn’t be more satisfied.

Rent is around $1350/month and I am looking for someone to sign a 12 month lease.

Email me if you’re interested and I can send you pictures, or you can come by to see it if it’s still available!

Hello,
I am starting here this fall as a PhD student in mathematics and I’m looking for potential roommates to live with. I am relatively flexible concerning price and location. As a roommate, I tend to be introverted and need a bit of space, but I can be very talkative around those that I know well. I am also somewhat messy, but that is something that I am willing to work on to a certain extent. If anyone is interested and would like to discuss things further, you can email me at Michael_Ferguson@brown.edu.

Hi, I’m a 2nd-year chemistry PhD student who is trying to move to Harlem or Washington Heights in July. I am looking for someone to apartment-hunt with for a 2-br apartment. I don’t smoke and have no animals and am very clean and ask the same of any potential roommate. You can email me at aak418@gmail.com.

Hi Everyone: My name is David. I am a graduate student at CUNY. I am looking for a room or options to share an apartment with roommates beginning August 1st (I’m flexible) in Queens or Brooklyn (flexible). I’m available to view units from July 7th – 18th. Please feel free to reach out to me at dmonda@gradcenter.cuny.edu. Thank you.

Hi everyone, my name is Andy. I’m starting in the fall as a PhD student in biology and am looking for a room – preferably in Manhattan or at least someplace with an easy commute to Manhattan. Looking to pay $1500/month, but there’s some wiggle room. My email is AndyGuarnaccia@gmail.com

Have my 2 bedrooms apartment in Sunset Park , Brooklyn. Have and spare room and willing to share only with a grad Student, rent is 900. Further info at czrandrade@hotmail.com

Hi everyone,

my name is Giordana. I’ll be moving to NY from Rome on the 1st of August and will be starting a Ph.D. program in music theory this Fall.
I’m looking for a room possibly in Manhattan in a house with one or two people, with a max around 45 min commute to the Grad Center. My budget is around $1100/month. Please feel free to contact me at giordanafiori@gmail.com

Hi,there,

I am Wenbo, a Phd student in Mathematics 2017 fall in GC.

I am finding a roommate who wants to rent an apartment together. The location I prefer is in upper east Manhattan so it is not far. My budget is less or equal than $1200/m.

I am a neat and clean person so people have the same requirement will feel good. I cook a lot myself then I guess it is a little smoky and oily when cooking. I prefer quiet environment so one who has party life is not my choice.

To People with interests in Math, Physics, I will be a good roommate. People with interests please contact by liwenbomathematics@gmail.com

Hello all,

My name is John Orellana and I will be starting my PhD in Economics at CUNY this fall. I am 31 years old and currently working as an attorney in Chicago, but need an apartment in NYC by July 1st. Looking to room with 1 or 2 others. Rent maximum is $1,000 (would much prefer less of course). I have a small dog (20lbs) who is house trained and very sweet. If interested, please contact me at jpo317@gmail.com.

Hi,there,

I am Wenbo, a PhD student in Mathematics 2017 fall in GC.

I am finding one or two roommates who want to rent an apartment together. The location I prefer is in Harlem, east Harlem. My budget is ≤ $1200/m. I will start my renting in August.

I am a neat and clean person so people have the same requirement will feel good. I don’t smoke, drink wines or have animals. I cook a lot myself then I guess it is a little smoky and oily when cooking. Most of the day time in weekdays I will be in Campus. I prefer quiet environment so one who has night party life is not my choice.

To people with interests in Math, Physics, I will be a good roommate. People with interests please contact by liwenbomathematics@gmail.com

Dear all,

I’m Carolina Fraga. I will be starting the PhD program in Linguistics this coming Fall. I am planning on moving to NY in early/mid August, and I’m looking for one or two roommates who would like to share an apartment. My budget is around $1000 (flexible). As to location, I would prefer Harlem, but an apartment in Brooklyn or Queens would also work for me. Please, if you are interested contact me at: fragacaro@yahoo.com.ar
Thanks!

Hello fellow CUNY’ers:

I am starting my PhD in Economics this fall and need one more roommate to fill out a place in Brooklyn.

We have 3 bedrooms of a 4 bedroom filled at 344 Parkside Ave. (by Prospect Park). You will be living with two cute dogs. The apartment is two floors, each floor has two bedrooms, a full bathroom and its own living room! There is one shared kitchen downstairs. Rent is $950 for a full year lease starting July 1st.

We need someone to chip in First month’s rent + deposit ($1,900) fast within the next couple days, as the place could get taken soon. If interested, please email me ASAP at jpo317@gmail.com. I can send you the ad with pictures as well as a short video of the place. I and the others are happy to Skype or video chat as well!

Hey everyone!

I’ll be starting my grad program in audiology this fall. I’m 22 years old, clean, non smoker, and easygoing. I’d like to live in Brooklyn but am flexible on location as long as it stays within my budget of $1000 including utilities. My move in date would be early/mid August.

If you want to get to know me more email sher6152014@gmail.com

Sherry

Hello all,

My name is Aditya Kulkarni and I’m starting my PhD program in Clinical Psychology at CUNY-Queens College in the Fall. I’m certainly interested in getting an apartment for upto around $1100/month but flexible for a little bit more if the place is very close to Queens college.

I’m a quiet, clean, and neat person and like to workout when I can, am an avid cinephile, and love to read books in my sparetime :-). I can as easily enjoy a video game and pizza night as much as I can a Sunday brunch.

If the place has a parking spot, I’ll also be able to bring my car to campus, which is a desirable factor.

If you’d like to talk more, email me at: aditya.klkrn5@gmail.com

Looking to move in latest by August 15th.

Hello!

My name is Zack and I am starting my graduate career in Anthropology at CUNY Grad Center this fall. I am looking for one or two roommates to find an apartment together. I am a clean, nonsmoking, and quiet individual who also loves animals. I have no preference in either living in Brooklyn, Queens or Manhatten, but I would love to live close to any subway line for an easier commute.

I will be in the city in late July and would love to find a place and roommates before the end of August. If you would like to talk more, please email me at ghods102@mail.chapman.edu.

Hello my fellow CUNY’ers,

Hieu Nguyen here coming to start my Ph.D. in Econ. I am looking for 2 people to join me on my search for a 3 bedroom apartment that would keep the cost of rent in the $1k range. Ideal move in date for me is between July 15 and Aug 1.

I have found two potential places (links at the end – take a look). If you want to join, email me at hieu.t.nguyen.aug25@gmail.com

Hi all –

I’m Hunter, and I’ll be attending the Graduate Center for my master’s in Liberal Studies. I’m not a smoker, I’m clean, and quiet, and conflict adverse – and easy to get along with. I’d prefer to live in Brooklyn, but am really open to living anywhere in the city as long as the price stays in the ~1,000 $ range. I’d like to move to the city after the first week of August, but am totally flexible with regards to almost everything else.

Cheers – and if you’d like to chat more, or if you have a place lined up and just need one more roommate, email me at huntersawyer6@gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Cherise and I’m starting the PhD program in Clinical Psychology at City College in the Fall. I’m looking to get an apartment with another female and rent around $1500/month with some wiggle room for a 2BR/2B in Manhattan.

I’m a quiet, clean, responsible and neat person. I enjoy reading, watching Netflix and shows, drinking tea and checking out new restaurants. I am a non-smoker and I do not have any pets. I believe in communication and look for a roommate able talk through things.

Would love to chat more with anyone interested. You can email me at: hrh647@gmail.com

Looking to move between July 29th and August 3rd

Hi all,

My name is Julie. I am moving up from Florida the first week in August, and will be starting the Political Science PhD program. I have a sweet 35lb dog and am looking to budget ~$1000 for something in Brooklyn or Queens. You can email me at jgoldberg85@gmail.com

Hi all,

My name is Libby. I’m a 26 year old female. This fall I will begin my journey as a PhD candidate in Biology at the CUNY GC. I plan to move from Michigan between mid July to the first week of august. I would like to live in the Queens or Brooklyn area. My maximum budget is ~1000/month. I am not a smoker and do not have any pets. I prefer to have female roommates. Please feel free to email me at:
nika1l@cmich.edu

I would love to chat and get to know any potential roommates!

Hello peeps!

My name is Matthew Batson, I am a 23-year-old male who was just accepted a few days ago to a Phd program in sociology. I am looking to live with 1-3 more people in an apartment at any location and I can handle a rent up to $1,500/person.

I’m quiet, very clean, have 2 cats (who can easily stay in my room while I’m out if it’s a problem), relaxed and slightly hippie, don’t do any drugs, don’t smoke, enjoy fitness, reading, good tea or Kava, and any outdoor activities. I’m very flexible and in a slight scramble to try and find somewhere to live.

If anyone is looking for a roommate feel free to contact me at matbatson@gmail.com
Anything else you want to know just ask! 🙂

Hi all!

I am an incoming student in the sociology PhD program and am looking for a 4th roommate for a 3 bedroom apartment in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn (1329 Pacific St). You’d be sharing the apartment with me and my partner in one room and a 3rd year law student (and verified great guy!) in the second. The lease starts on August 1. Super convenient location – a 7 minute walk to the A/C lines, a 2 minute walk from a laundromat, and grocery stores and restaurants abound. As of now, the price for the room is $825, although that might fluctuate depending on whether the landlord changes the rent when the lease is renewed. A rental application will be required by the management company.

If you’re interested and would like to see images of the room and common spaces, reach out to me at Joanna.dressel@gmail.com

Have a great rest of your summer!

Hey everyone,

I’m entering my first year in the Behavioral/Cognitive Neuroscience PhD program at CUNY. My friend and I are looking for a third roommate to live in a 3BR flat. We don’t have a place picked out yet, but we’d like to live in either Greenpoint, Long Island City, or Sunnyside. We’re both pretty flexible and accommodating. Bonus if you like vinyl records and Mexican food.

Shoot me an email at s.t.koenig@icloud.com.

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are looking for a third roommate to sign a lease with around August 1.

We are both 24 year old, male, incoming PhD students. I am studying political science at CUNY and he is studying politics at The New School. We’ve focused most of our search around the Dekalb L so far and have a couple places we could sign, but we are open and looking for any place that allows for an easy commute for all of us.

We’re trying to keep rent at or below $1000~ per month per person. I am planning on bringing a cat, so pets are welcome. Other than that we are flexible.

If you are interested, please email me at nc105609@ohio.edu ASAP!

Hello,

I have a room available from August 1th to Sept. 10th in Crown Heights. Beautiful, sunny and only 40min to campus. Your roommates will be two PhD students from CUNY *Art History and Gender Studies. 1000$/month :).

It’s a great option if you are international and need some time to find a place of your own.

Much love and happy hunting,

Alex alex.dramatica@outlook.es

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message